New Jersey Schnauzer Rescue Network
Since its creation, NJSRN has had a single mission: Finding permanent, loving homes for Miniature Schnauzers and Schnauzer mixes throughout the northeastern United States.
As part of our mission, NJSRN provides charitable and educational services by:
- Assessing each dog's potential for permanent placement;
- Ensuring that a dog's veterinary needs are met;
- Providing quality temporary (foster) care;
- Making the best possible match between dog and adopter;
- Providing follow-up information and training to adoptive families;
- Promoting responsible dog ownership;
- Educating potential and current Miniature Schnauzer owners about breed characteristics, proper care and nutrition, health issues, training, and behavior; and
- Providing referrals only to Miniature Schnauzer breeders who promote responsible breeding, including performing basic health checks and screening for PRA.
NJSRN will never euthanize a dog that enters our rescue program because a permanent home is not readily available - we will keep the dog in our program until we find the right home. Because of age, illness, or other issues, we may decide to allow a dog to live out its life in foster care - as a permanent part of our rescue program - rather than placing it into an adoptive home.
NJSRN is a federally registered 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. Financial and other information on NJSRN may be obtained from the Attorney General of
the State of New Jersey by calling 973-504-6215. Registration with the Attorney General does not imply endorsement. You may view the most recent expenditure
report filed with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, Directory of Registered Charities at http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/charity/chardir.htm (enter "NJ
Schnauzer Rescue" (without the quotation marks) in the search box). Registration with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of State, can be found at
http://web.dos.state.pa.us/cgi-bin/Charities/char_form.cgi (enter "Fanwood" (without the quotation marks) in the city search box).